Monday, June 20, 2011

HGUC 1/144 ORX-005 Gaplant TR-5 [Hrairoo]

Bad spraying for the blue color which caused the surface to be rough. Plus bad planning in the sequence of color. The rough surface caused huge problem when applying the 2 large decal (silvering), plus this is the first time I'm applying water decal
1. Lesson learn, surface not smooth, sand and do it again
2, Base color first, don't be lazy in masking
3. Gloss coat before decal
4. Semi gloss coat after decal or else the decal edges can be seen after a flat coat

Monday, February 14, 2011

BB Senshi Sangokuden - Shuuyu Hyakushiki - Part 2

BB戦士 三国伝 - 周瑜
Version 2 of BB Gundam joint mod. The elbow joint is much better, but the upper arm is too thin
Leg joint have improve, but the joint to the lower body is fragile.
Front skirt mod is loose and sanding is not flat on the innerside
Side skirt i did not properly estimate the movement angle, in the end the movement is very limited
Another major mistake is i did not sand the hand hole bigger, after posing, it scratches off the paint on the weapons.
This is also my first time trying the marble effect on the shoulder and forearm armor, very please with it.
Overall took a long time to build but quite satisfy with the result.

Thursday, January 06, 2011

BB Senshi Sangokuden - Shuuyu Hyakushiki - Part 1

After Lu Bu, this is my 4th BB kit with joints. I can say this is joint mod version 2
Not satisfy, as alot of error due to poor planning and estimation and worksmanship.

  1. Added elbow joint, but feel that the upper arm is too long.
  2. Knee joint, should use a smaller joint
  3. Moveable side skirt, bad estimation and work cause the skirt cannot move higher
  4. Moveable front skirt, ok, but feel its a bit too thick
  5. Moveable hair using ball joint, happy with it.

Sunday, January 02, 2011

2010 Completed Model

Lousy year, suppose to complete 1 kit per month
Only clear 7 kits

BB Senshi Sangokuden - Rikuson Zetaplus
BB戦士 三国伝 - 陸遜

SD RX-78GP03 Gundam GP03 Dendrobium

NG 1/100 MBF-P01-Re Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu

HG 1/144 GSX-401FW Stargazer

BB Senshi Sangokuden - Kannei Kampfer
BB戦士 三国伝 - 甘寧

1/72 Armored Core Mirage C01-GAEA

Keroro DX5 Big Tycoon

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Backlog Check August 2010

SD - 9
HG 1/144 - 7
NG 1/100 - 2
MG - 10
HMM Zoids - 2
Armored Core - 2
SRW - 1
FSS 1/144 - 1
Macross - 3
D-Style - 2
I'm so dead....

Monday, March 29, 2010

HG 1/144 GSX-401FW Stargazer Gundam

Bought and build this just to make another glow in the dark Gundam like my previous SD Stargazer. Wanted to add LED but too lazy :P
I apologize for the lousy shots as I'm still using my lousy Sony Ericsson K800i to take picture. Time to get a macro camera

Monday, March 15, 2010

Keroro DX-05 Big Tycoon

Completed this in February. Very big improvement in articulation than the stupid DX-04. But there are alot of contact between the legs and the elbow.
Modded the whole kit with bendable knee joint, move Tamama and Giroro to the shoulder. So this whole kit can only be display in combined form. Quite a fun kit to build other than the tedious painting process

Armored Core - Mirage C01-Gaea

Completed it in early March this year. First time trying an Armored core kit, heard that it has really small parts and they are really small to handle. The seams line are also a headache. After the first OOB built, found out that this is the first armored core kit. Hopefully the White Glint will have fewer seams line to handle.
The dark blue was mixed using metal black and metallic blue. Ran out of paint for the last 6 part (side thrusters on the knee and upper leg), in the end mix up a much darker blue. The final product is almost the same size as a 1/100 Gundam kit and man I love the details on this kit.
Hopefully I can improve on my skill when I start the White Glint with Vanguard Over Boost and Aaliyah.

BB Senshi Sangokuden - Kannei Kampfer

BB戦士 三国伝 - 甘寧
Completed it in January this year. Tried a few type of blue, metallica blue, clear blue over sliver, perl blue over black, end up using metallic blue.
Lousy hand brush on the shoulder exhausts and lost the to right feather for a few week after I prime it, manage to found back during my Chinese new year cleaning :)
Modded the eye using a red LED.